Multiple Choice "general questions"

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dadser

Multiple Choice "general questions"

Post by dadser »

My daughter does the new Northern Ireland Gl exam this year. This will be multiple choice. We have been given sample booklets that include some comprehension questions, spelling and punctuation mistakes which seem straightforward. Then there is a "general section" where the child is asked questions about previous passages. These actually relate to a Glossary Bibliography and Index provided at he end. (eg who was the author of passage A? What is the purpose of an index?)

While we feel able to prepare her for the majority of the English test these we have no idea what "general questions" might arise.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi dadser,

The format you describe is very similar to the Athey Educational English papers. I bought a pack for my son in Waterstones.. says standard on front cover but they aren't.. basically MC comprehensions and some grammar and punctuation like you mention and then some general questions referring back to previous passages of the type you talk about.
They are white aand purple and come in a clear plastic wallet. Says 11+ and 12+ on the cover.
Hope this prove useful and good luck to your child.
dadser

Post by dadser »

Thank you I will look out for those
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now