new to tutoring my child (yr5) don't know where to start!

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gulistaan3

new to tutoring my child (yr5) don't know where to start!

Post by gulistaan3 »

hi,

I am a parent looking at tutoring my child for 11+, however as i understand the exams are as soon as September, so i desperately want to know, what resources are best for all 4 categories of tests. We are late starters so are desperate to get hold of good teaching guides and practise papers. I have had a look at all the resources available but am finding it hard to decide which are best to buy and from where, please help!!!!!!!!! :?

My son will be sitting exams in Birmingham, which includes all the schools that come under the 'Consortium of Grammar Schools in Birmingham'. I would also like to know which format these tests are in i.e. multiple choice, or answering questions??

Also is it worth buying pack1 and pack2 of all the test packs? What is the differenece??

Thank you
Last edited by gulistaan3 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
yoyo123

Re: new to tutoring my child (yr5) don't know where to start

Post by yoyo123 »

Welcome,

First of all , what area are you in?

The content of the test varies from region to region.

A good starting point is to look in the forum section for your area (eg Kent, Bucks etc)

also have a look at the rest of the site there is a drop down menu above ( it has home on the far left)

There is a really good bit on preparation and the schools section next to it has a bit on the 11+ regions (it's last on the list)

The book shop also has resources collated together for each region ( click shop and then regions , which will be on the left)

good luck!