How to improve

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jade

How to improve

Post by Jade »

Hi all
He is also used to of reading almost every day but still the situation is not improving. Can you guys please help me how to improve his story/essay writing skills? Please suggest any books or the way to go about this.... Really confused admit what else to do.
mystery

Re: How to improve

Post by mystery »

You've confused me too! Try starting at the beginning and don't assume the reader can read your mind. This works well in stories and essays too.
mum-of-three

Post by mum-of-three »

Hi Jade
These are my lines... :wink:
seems they are copy pasted as they are ..... :?:
mum-of-three

Post by mum-of-three »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =1&t=30473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mystery

Post by mystery »

:lol: I had thought you were the same person with two different user names as you both made the same drafting errors. If this is the case you would now be having a conversation with yourself. So I must be wrong.

I'm not sure what your question is, what age your child is, what exams they really are doing etc etc. However, if you have a good search amongst the discussions on this site and in the bookshop here and elsewhere I'm sure you'll both find something useful. If there isn't anything which fits the current problems your child is experiencing in improving his story and essay writing then maybe come back with a more finely-honed question?
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

:lol: Have I entered a parallel universe? I posted on the other thread anyway
UmSusu
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now