11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
maa

Wriitng ideas

Post by maa »

HI!
My son has to write stories as below:

A broken promise
My brilliant idea

Seems he is struggling to come up with good ideas and finish the task within 30 minutes. Any suggestions/ideas to improve on it?
Thanks to all in advance.
parent2013

Re: Wriitng ideas

Post by parent2013 »

These are advanced/tricky topics to write. I honestly don't think that you'll get any assistance on ideas/plots from the forum members. You are competing against them in Olave's .......right?? What does your tutor (if you have one) says?
maa

Post by maa »

Thanks parent2013. Have send a pm.
judy6

Post by judy6 »

The writing techniques employed are as important as the story line. Have a look at ..... [Edited by moderator]
newatthis

Post by newatthis »

Has anyone actually got and used the magic money cards? I can see how they would be helpful but wanted some actual user feedback. thanks
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

judy6 thinks they're good enough to recommend in 14 of the 17 posts she has made on this forum in two years.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I was unimpressed. Bought them but didn't use them.
YoungSuccess

Post by YoungSuccess »

newatthis wrote:Has anyone actually got and used the magic money cards? I can see how they would be helpful but wanted some actual user feedback. thanks
Bought it for DS in Year 5 when we were then in full swing of our 11+ preparation. DS said it could be useful, started it, but he quickly ignored it because he just wanted to get on and finish his work. I also became too impatient with it. So my opinion is, this may be better used at very early stage - way before you get into the final year of preparation. Will try it this year with my younger one, still years ahead of 11+ !
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Waste of time and money. Better off buying pizza instead.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

For the avoidance of doubt, I strongly suspect judy6's posts were purely intended to advertise the product.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now