FPTP comprehension book

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

motion

Re: FPTP comprehension book

Post by motion »

southbucks3 wrote:Book two only came out last week didn't it?

The story I refer to is about a six year old being told by her dad that her mum died giving birth to her baby brother, but trying not to cry in front of her and failing. It was really really sad, I would have been worried if he had not shed a tear tbh. A bit intense for a quick comp test.

He did a cpg comp today and got 24/25 in the allocated time, so a happy bunny again.
Oh dear!! DS just finished doing this comp test and tears all round...

Trying to recover now.... Advise to others: May want to do this one late in the day...

Motion
sutu123

Post by sutu123 »

Hi, My ds is doing book2 of FPTP. I am interested to know how are others doing with time. The timing is really tight, my ds is not able to do it on time and even with more time the scores are not that great. How are others scores.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

sutu123 wrote:Hi, My ds is doing book2 of FPTP. I am interested to know how are others doing with time. The timing is really tight, my ds is not able to do it on time and even with more time the scores are not that great. How are others scores.
There is a lot to read, the child's reading speed is the crux of it, any issues and they will struggle for time. The questions are normally quite straight forward : out only f they have managed to read the text quickly and thoroughly, two adverbs that do not normally exist side by side.
SummersLazy

Post by SummersLazy »

DAOGroupie,
looks like the comprehensions on discussion are your copyrighted favorite papers.
Any who knew DAOGroupie would agree!!! Oh I remember crying and unable to reason with the antagonist for most of last year doing her weekly papers with my DD.