KS3 curriculums

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Eccentric

KS3 curriculums

Post by Eccentric »

Hi,

Would anyone know where I can get hold of the curriculum requirements for KS3 subjects? At primary school my daughter was told in detail by her teacher what she needed to do to reach the next level, this is not happening in secondary school so I thought it would be a good idea for me to research it. DD has has no idea what is required of her to improve, I have asked the teachers but as DD is some way ahead of all the other children in her class they are not very helpful. For example when I asked the humanities teacher what DD could do to improve her levels she just said " she is on target for a level 7 and there is nothing she needs to do other than what she is doing"
The response from the English dept has been to give her a list of Socratic questions - how that is relevant I am not sure (a good skill yes but I fear that DD is already full of too many questions that she is not getting answers to at school).
In French she gets the top mark she is able to get in all the tests and it appears to be capped. DD wants to learn more but I am not sure what the curriculum is.
I would be really grateful if any one knows where I can find this information.
yoyo123

Re: KS3 curriculums

Post by yoyo123 »

https://global.oup.com/education/conten ... ?region=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For a start.

Google throws up quite a few links. Make sure you google new curriculum.

Levels are being phased out. In primary only 6 and 2 are following old curriculum and tested with levels, not sure how ks3 are phasing it in, but I am sure someone with more experience of secondary will be able to help.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... curriculum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are the official documents. We are still using levels until there is something better out there ...
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Guest55 wrote:
These are the official documents. We are still using levels until there is something better out there ...

How I wish we were!
Mum.my

Post by Mum.my »

Will there be no more SATS for year 6 from next year?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

There will be Sats for year 6 next year.

This years Y2 and Y6 will be tested on the old curriculum and given a level , but next year it will be new curriculum.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

yoyo123 wrote:There will be Sats for year 6 next year.
This years Y2 and Y6 will be tested on the old curriculum and given a level , but next year it will be new curriculum.
And they will be deemed to be 'secondary ready' or not ... :shock:

JD