CEM Test dates in other regions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
southbucks3

Re: CEM Test dates in other regions

Post by southbucks3 »

I would sincerely love to confirm this is true, as the bucks test is being used by tourists and those seeking a mock, but only groups of schools that have partnered have this arrangement. So if your child sits a test at Langley, they cannot sit the same test late at Kendrick and have the second mark considered. Your child could sit a cem test in another county or school area though, as it will be a completely different test, with different questions and format. (Supposedly)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think the bucks test is too close to the Berkshire test to be useful as a mock. Two days in between isn't enough to gain anything from doing bucks first IMHO, you have one day to do 'something' in before the Berkshire test. You won't even have any results.
And if they have a bad day, you don't have much time to help them recover their confidence again.

If I was doing it all again and wanted to do a mock before the Berkshire test, it wouldn't be the bucks one. But then that's my personal feelings and I'm not doing it again.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

The bucks "familiarisation" is two days before the real test, and we don't get the results, the tests are packaged up, collected and shredded in a controlled environment, whatever that means.

You are right though, it did seem quite useless really, other than as a comforter. (It was easier than the real test, but a slightly different format).
helping_hand

Post by helping_hand »

So the point I am trying to make is you cannot use any CEM test as a mock ... You can only take it many times but your first score is the one considered....All such loop holes being closed...
Please correct me if my understanding is wrong
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Only where they have grouped together and are using the same test such as the Resding schools & the slough schools (as far as I know).
scary mum
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

No you are wrong helping_hand, sorry for any confusion.

Only cem tests in one area have the first attempt set in concrete. You can take a cem test in any other area and it will be counted in its own right.

So if you took one in bucks, one in berks, one in Birmingham they would all issue the results separately.

The berks collective of slough consortium, reading and Kendrick (I believe) are all sitting the same test so your child cannot sit it once in slough in the morning then again in Kendrick in the afternoon or later in the week and have the second mark counted as that would be cheating.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

In our area I know many dd's who sat Latymer and HBS last year and more who will do so again this year. There is no connection between the two. There will be nothing to stop CEM tourists sitting Bucks as a free mock and then sitting their own CEM test later on in September or October. DG
helping_hand

Post by helping_hand »

southbucks3 wrote:No you are wrong helping_hand, sorry for any confusion.

Only cem tests in one area have the first attempt set in concrete. You can take a cem test in any other area and it will be counted in its own right.

So if you took one in bucks, one in berks, one in Birmingham they would all issue the results separately.

The berks collective of slough consortium, reading and Kendrick (I believe) are all sitting the same test so your child cannot sit it once in slough in the morning then again in Kendrick in the afternoon or later in the week and have the second mark counted as that would be cheating.
Thank you southbucks3 that's clear to me now :)
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Post by Tearing Hair Out Mum »

The Bucks exam according to the website is on the 12th September and the Berks is on the 13th September, the Bucks was originally down as the 11th - when did that change ?

10th September 2013
Preparation for the Transfer Tests – all children

12th September 2013
Transfer Tests - all children
Tearing Hair Out Mum
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Which website?

The bucks county council site still says 9th and 11th
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now