Kendrick Open Day 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mollsmum

Kendrick Open Day 2009

Post by mollsmum »

I was wondering if anyone else on this forum was planned to attend the open day at Kendrick on 1st October?

We are new to the 11+ system and my DD has been practicing this summer for the Kendrick exam

just wanted to chat to any other parents whose DD's are also studying at the moment and maybe get some info from parents who have been through this before ?

thanks

:-)
3bearsmum

Post by 3bearsmum »

Hi,
My DD is getting ready for the Kendrick exam too. It's been a hard slog as we only decided to go ahead with study for the exam a couple of months ago. It hasn't been easy, as we are trying to cram and she seams to have gone backwards in her scores on the tests, but we will persevere and give it her best shot. Are you attending on thursday?
mollsmum

Post by mollsmum »

Hi there, yes we are attending the Open Day tomorrow, like you we were not sure whether to go ahead with this route, but DD wants to give it a go, so we have been studying on and off over the summer. with some excellent results and also some not so good on her practice tests. I think it will be interesting to see the school and hear what the head has to say! we have been to several other comprehensive schools over the last week or so. I am still not totally convinced that Grammar is the way to go for my DD. it is a hard decision isn't it?
NaomiHi

Post by NaomiHi »

Hi - yes - my daughter took the exam last year and now attends Kendrick. If you have some specific questions, I'll try and answer them.

N
elevenp_parent

Kendrick Open Day 2009

Post by elevenp_parent »

Hi... my DD is also preparing for the Nov 2009 exam for Kendrick. She has been studying for past 6-9 months regularly and has already appeared for couple of other exams.
3bearsmum

Post by 3bearsmum »

Hi,
It's getting to stress limit time now with the exam in a month. The pressure on these kids makes me feel guilty, but worth it if they succeed I suppose.

It's a shame that there are many who dont make it. my dd has been working hard but seems to have gone backwards in her practice papers results. I think she's so afraid of failing that she is almost wanting to give up! If we hadn't put so much blood sweat and tears in, and if our catchment schools weren't so worrying, I'd just say forget it. In fact if she said the word, I'd cancell the whole thing.

My daughter's tutor has told us that she's had pupils scoring 96% in their tests for Kendrick and not got in! It's scary.

Oh well. Only 1 month to go and its out of our hands and over. Hope your daughter's are holding up well.

We'll celebrate when it's over whatever the outcome. I'm very proud of her.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now