Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:56 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: mistake or not
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:39 pm
Posts: 13
Hi, having just discovered this site, I wished I had found it earlier.
My dc has passed the Slough Grammar 11+ and just received the Bucks results today(140), and are patiently(!) awaiting the consortium results.
My question is, we have chosen St Bernards and Langley Grammar as the 1st and 2nd choice, but now wants it the other way around. Assuming dc passes the consortium, do we have to appeal for Langley Grammar or will they offer a place on the strength of the score.
Thanks for reading-I haven't stated he/she as I know lots will be waiting on the bucks results today, and I think I upset a few parents after the Slough Grammar so I'm trying to be super sensitive(not that I wasn't the last time)
Thanks again
and good luck to all still awiting their results


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8113
Hi

the situation re scores and offers is that regardless of the score you will only be offered a place at the first school on the list that you qualify and where they can offer a place. So if you pass St Bernards and are elgible for a place there then that is what is offered, unfortunatley you won't hear about any other possible places.

There is some discussion and I know it happens in some places of peopel getting to alter the CAF in the light of scores, I think it varies from area to area and hence you would have to enquire locally...

Hopefully some local expert wil come and give more inspired info on this ???

Herman
x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:49 pm
Posts: 1647
Location: berkshire
You would need to phone the council and try and change your CAF preferences. There have been instances when people have applied for a change but I have had no feedback whether they were successful :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:54 pm
Posts: 1770
Location: caversham
Some guidance here,

viewtopic.php?t=12476&highlight=

I agree you need to speak to your LEA who administer your CAF.

It looks like a change is treated as a late application, you may be better off going on the waiting list.

steve


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:39 pm
Posts: 13
Many thanks to all - I will try and peak to admissions on Monday, although DC still needs to passed the consortium first.
I feel like bit of a fraudster, as my dc did so well in the bucks test and we might not even need it-still it opens up a place for someone I suppose.
Thanks again everyone


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016