Langley Grammar results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sweetviolet

Post by sweetviolet »

Our DS got 121 so very happy - just heard his friend got 139 (WOW) !! - so bubble burst slightly - will now wait to see if we get an offer..... :!:
sloughdaddy

Post by sloughdaddy »

:lol:
thank you this site has been very useful. my daughter scored 122 in vr,121 in nvr. She passed the slough consortium 11 plus. She failed the slough grammer and bucks exams.we were in the process of appealing but that is not necessary now. i would like to thank you guys for this site .
sloughdad
chad

Post by chad »

sloughdaddy - Congratulations to your daughter and thank you for taking the time to post, it is good to know that people appreciate the knowledge on the site even if they do not have to post a question on the forum.

sweetviolet - Congrats to your son...I would have thought 121 should get you an offer in one of the consortium schools.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
Jazzyd

Post by Jazzyd »

chad wrote:Jazzyd... how frustrating....I will picture you camped out at the front window tomorrow morning... ready to accost your postman the minute he/she pokes her nose into your road. :wink:
The postman finally arrived.... she got 111, shes a little disappointed as its not as high as she expected (It was her birthday on exam day!!).
I don't think its enough for Langley but at least she did okay for Slough (118) and Bucks (128). Then its all going to start again for daughter no2 in 2 years.

This site has been so useful, so thank you all for sharing so much.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

A big congratualtions to all the children and their hard work, you must all be very pleased now it's all over :D
ardmore

Post by ardmore »

Midget Man wrote:A big congratualtions to all the children and their hard work, you must all be very pleased now it's all over :D
Can anyone know what was the final round offer from Langley in 2009 ( ie admission from waiting list)? With a combined score of 112 I can not see light at the end of the tunnel.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

ardmore, can't help with final cut off scores for Langley, but do you have either of the other two schools on your CAF, I'm sure 112 will be acceptable at least to St Bernard's and possibly Herschel if you live close enough?
ardmore

Post by ardmore »

No I did not include the other two in the list. My DS just missed SG by a point but launched an appeal. Our local compre is quite good, but some of my DS's close friends have got good score to have an offer from Langley and will go there. My DS wanted to be with that gang too. So I started doing some further thinking for it.

The results letter does not offer in rank too. Just passed the test and will consider his application for admission. Did it say differently for other letters who score high like 120 and above? Would appreciate some information.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Ardmore, sorry I have trawled this site and can't find last cut off for Langley last year. it was 116 in 2008, but I think and can be corrected if wrong, but I think all scores were all lower last year because of the new tests that didn't include Maths. My advice to you would be then to continue with your appeal for SG, and make sure you are on the waiting list for LG. Maybe chad will know whether you can appeal from the waiting list at LG as well, i think you probably can and if it is your first choice school, you should give it a go.
Good luck x
ardmore

Post by ardmore »

Thanks LFH. I will definitely go along the line you suggested.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now