Slough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wahid

Slough

Post by Wahid »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows which 3 out of the 4 papers children sit in the Slough area.

Also, I am keen to buy some REAL past exam papers. Which is the best source ?

Regards

Wahid
pcn

ii plus papers

Post by pcn »

Sloughuse NFER papers, maths verbal and non-verbal they don't do the english pare

Post by Guest »

You cannot get "real" past test papers, unless you know somebody who has access to them. You can find out which organisation writes the 11+ for your area.

If the organisation is NFER for verbal reasoning, multiple choice, you can purchase familiarization papers written by NFER.

There are a number of publishers, authors who write 11+ preparation papers, but few of these map into the "real" test, resulting in children learning to answer questions that they will not see on the "real" test.

The best advice is to ask the LEA or school which papers they recommend for preparation.

I do'nt know where you are, but as an example:

Wirral LEA set two verbal reasoning multiple-choice papers of 80 questions in 50 minutes, they recommend NFER cornflower blue papers for preparation.

You can also use IPS papers to prepare for this type of test, but leave out H, I, K, N, O and S questions, because they do not appear in NFER familiarization papers.

E-papers similar to NFER format should be on this site by 12th October.
catherine

Level of slough 11+

Post by catherine »

Does anyone know the level of the Slough exam papers compared to the level of the NFER test ones?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now