Congrats to Berks!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
usa

Congrats to Berks!

Post by usa »

Dear Everyone
Sorry for the delay in my congratulating all of those families who have done so well in the Berks test. I have started a new post (no need to reply) as there are so many of you on different threads that I wanted to say to all of you "well done!" Terrific news and I am so happy for you!
A lovely early christmas present!
Julia jaffa cakeB - Wow! You were so generous in your praise of others - you deserved this one, hands down and I am so happy for you and all your family. You are so funny and have made me laugh with your postings - please do carry on! It is so amusing to see the banter between some of the posts - they dont offer any advice but they do keep it all light hearted when things can be so stressful!
To those that havent been quite so lucky - stay tuned to this Forum because they will help as much as they can and we wish you all the best of luck - all the children worked so hard. USA
Jess

Post by Jess »

Just come back from a 2-day business trip desperate for news from Berks! Well done to ALL who have passed, and commiserations to those that didn't.

JuliaB...HURRAY!!!! I was so pleased to see your news and what a fantastic score. You must feel truly vindicated and proud, and quite right too. Hope the celebrations are continuing over the weekend!

Jess
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

I know, we can't believe it either. We are celebrating but are aware we have one child who didn't make it last year so we are trying to keep a lid on it to a certain extent. We are having a big party tonight, which we were having anyway for pre-Christmas reasons and I'm in the middle of making sausage rolls a la Delia.

I really feel for those who didn't quite make it, I've been there (after this years' Bucks and with previous child)and it gives you a pain in the guts sometimes. Use that pain!! (must stop reading those heal yourself books)Make a good case and go for it.

As I've said before, I couldn't have survived the last three months with all of you 'rooting' for me, and I will do my best to support others. I don't know anything about the technical/dyslexic/learning problems that are being discussed - my heart goes out to them. I also feel for the ones who missed by one or ten points and can't find anything to 'blame' for lack of success. Talk to class teacher and head teacher, ours were completely brilliant when that Bucks result came through as 109 and 107.

Drat. Pastry is burnt. :roll: Three cheers for twiglets and cheese n' pineapple on sticks stuck in foiled grapefruit halves. Very retro.

JuliaB