Again Tutors

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

concern parent

Again Tutors

Post by concern parent »

Hi Parents/Tutors
Can anybody help me – My boy is year 7 – he is good in grasping the things and as he is back in his levels I was advised to give him extra coaching for KS3 results can any parents who knows/already sending their kids - any tutors in Reading please send me PM as I am looking for efficient Tutors in English and science .
I have seen few answers in the site, sorry but I don’t find it useful as the link was given and how can we select a tutor without knowing that they are efficient in helping kids to reach their achieved levels. From my experience I already send my boy to a tutor whom just depend on the workbooks available in the shops and giving homework.
I need a tutor who can explain the things in explain esp in science why this happens –facts & inventions so that he can answer any qns in KS3 or competitive tests.
What I expect is in English – Grammars /writing
In Science – Physics, Chemistry and Biology should be well explained to KS3 levels.
Any tutors /Parents please PM me as I am obviously keen to take a decision as quickly as possible.
Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Concerned parent
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Welcome to the forum, concern parent,

Finding tutors is a difficult thing.
Either word of mouth or DIY usual options.
Have seen people advertising, but then it's up to you to take a chance with them.

Only other place I know that tutors is the company at Sainsbury's Savacentre J11. Sorry can't remember the name atm. will edit when I do :D

BW
concern parent

concern parent

Post by concern parent »

Hi
Bewildered -Many Thanks for the suggestion.
I have seen many people viewing the topic but not getting any reply from parents/tutors. I am sure many parents have idea about good tutors but not sure why they are not sharing or giving back a tutor name-pm.
Is it not allowed to send it as Pm :(
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. The reason you have a lot of views, but not many replies, is that a lot of people (like me) will open and read your post, but realise they don't have any useful information for you. They don't know any tutors in your area, or tutors who go to KS3 etc.
I hope someone will get in touch with you soon, but they will have to send you recommendations by PM, as posting names on the forum is considered advertising, and is not allowed.
Hope this explains a bit.
Nathair
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now