Final offers for 2010 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chad

Final offers for 2010 entry

Post by chad »

If anyone has any final offer figures for the 2010 entry into Langley, Herschel and Slough I would really appreciate the information.
Thanks

Chad
JaysDarlin

Re: Final offers for 2010 entry

Post by JaysDarlin »

Oh.... why did no one reply to this thread! :roll:
stressed out mum

Post by stressed out mum »

Chad, this is what you posted previously, are these not the correct figures ? :?

First round offers in 2010

Langley 117
Herschel 115 (121 - top 50)
Slough 114
chad

Post by chad »

Hi stressed out mum,

Those are the nearest I can get for first round offers for Langley & Herschel from information given on the forum.
Unfortunately I have had no info for second and further offer rounds during March, April & May .... so cannot identify the final cut off when all places were taken up. :(
It is possible that the final cut off was 1 or 2 marks lower.
you can see this in the difference between final offers and first round offers for previous years at this link....

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stressed out mum

Post by stressed out mum »

Are all first round offers based on score and not catchment and if a school offered down to 118 last year would that be
99% the case for this year or can the margin vary considerably. Chad ? Anyone ?
chad

Post by chad »

Langley is based on score only, Herschel is the first 70 places on score then the rest (50) on distance. St Bernards is a faith school and therefore bases its admissions as follows.... Roman Catholic, other Christian faiths then other religions.
Slough grammar is the first 100 on score alone then proximity to the school.

All admission policies have the following criteria first...
Looked after children & Special Educational Needs

So to answer your question.... it depends on the school...

Although Langley is the one that hasn't changed its criteria it may be affected my outside events.. i.e. less children going into the private sector.

Historically (economic downturn aside) suggests that 117 for Langley, 115 for Herschel and 114 for Slough Grammar is a good bet (unless you live in near proximity to Slough G or Herschel where the distance counts) but not a certainty.
HarryM

Post by HarryM »

Chad,
I spoke to Langley and they said although the cut off for 2010 entries last year was 117, only 3 applicants with 117 got in. All others were offered at 118 or above. They also mentioned that 120 was still by no means PROBABLE this year for 2011 entry.
Do you know what the cut off was for both Langley and Herschell going back 2-3 years?
chad

Post by chad »

If you look at my post, three or four posts back, there is a link to the historic offers that I have collated.
Did langley say whether they were talking about first round offers (1st march) or subsequent rounds. I have a figure of 117 as first round offers for last year.
HarryM

Post by HarryM »

First round offers!
Apparently they only needed to do 3 on second round!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now