Any Independent Secondary Schools in Slough/Berkshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
muvvalac

Any Independent Secondary Schools in Slough/Berkshire

Post by muvvalac »

I see many parents saying their DS/D is appearing for Grammar schools and for Indies as well. Do all Indies conduct test before admitting children ?

Any one knows any Indies in Berkshire who is organizing test for secondary school admission. Any good Indies with good scholar ships offered.

any one from berkshire/slough considering this, I see it as atleast around 85k to cover from year 7 to year 13

oooopppps, it is lot
hermanmunster

Re: Any Independent Secondary Schools in Slugh/Berkshire

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Muvvalac - most independents offer scholarships and bursaries. Scholarships tend to be fee reduction
s based on a good exam result - they can be 5-25% of the fees but some are up to 50% (rarely these days). Bursaries can also be awarded up to 100% of the fees dependent on the parental income. 100% tends to mean an income of about 15k ish and no bursary if income is round about 50K but all the schools vary.

The fees for the next 7 years at a school in Berkshire .. have randomly picked abingdon school (I know nothing about it - just random). would be:

year 1 13k, increasing by about 3-5% minimum a year to give (at 3%) a total of 102k - however I have found that school fees go up faster than this. You must also consider travel, uniform, trips, meals etc.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now