Slough consortium 2010 test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stressedparent

Slough consortium 2010 test

Post by stressedparent »

I thought it will be good to start a new thread about the consortium test, but please remember that discussions should be within the guidelines of this forum. Do not discuss exam details because of late sitters. My daughter sat the test @ st Bernard and said it was ok . She has finished the test which i always find reassuring. Good luck to all of you.
Last edited by stressedparent on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
stressedparent
sgcmum

Re: Slough consortium 2010 test

Post by sgcmum »

dd sat at langley and said it was ok too.talking to a few others there seemed to be more than one set of paper.

sgcmum.
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

anyone finds it was hard ?
chad

Post by chad »

I do hope everything went well and your children were as comfortable, as they could be, taking the exam. It can be very daunting and there will always be a certain amount of nerves.

Although we try not to , it is inevitable that we try and gauge how well they did by their reaction after the exam. My son came out and said it was OK, by evening he was convinced he had done really badly in NVR.....the next day he was equally convinced that Maths was really difficult.... It turned out that he had done excellently in NVR & Maths and had a low VR score :roll:

Everything crossed 'til early December and then the wait until March for allocations.
stressed out mum

Post by stressed out mum »

I dont understand how can there be more than one set of papers for one years cohort :?
greenvallley

Post by greenvallley »

My son did finish the paper at Langley and said many children didn't finish the papers, especially the NVR. There were 50 children in his room, the invigilator didn't have a stop watch and was timing with the clock. He said they were very strict with the children starting and stopping exactly when they said.
michconway

Post by michconway »

My dd missed out quite a few questions at the slough consortium exam. She would've had to have answered mostly all the other questions correct. She was so upset with herself that I can't be sure. I regret not working more on her speeds for NVR. Trying to keep the chin up until results arrive. Very proud either way.
Anyone feeling the same?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Great thread!

My son came out smiling, and said it wasn't that bad. I'm pleased about that, and I'm hoping he can now feel good about the upcoming Tiffin exam in January, rather than being nervous after having sat the Langley test.

Interestingly, one of my friends didn't get a confirmation slip, and didn't know what to expect seeing as it was her first child's 11+. She rang them up a few days before the exam, and was told she was sitting it a week later, and not to worry..... methinks they forgot her!

So she's sitting tomorrow - Thursday? How bizarre!

Chad, are you talking about the exams your son took 5 years ago, or do you have a son sitting this year too?
chad

Post by chad »

Chad, are you talking about the exams your son took 5 years ago, or do you have a son sitting this year too?
The one who is now sitting GCSE modules......wow those years went past quickly!!

5 years and still on the forum... how sad is that...... :oops: I just think it is such a helpful, friendly and supportive forum that I am hopelessly addicted to it.

I am now looking at 6th forms... and my son may even move from Slough Grammar to a comprehensive school to access the courses he wants to do.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now