Results for Langley Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tasha

Results for Langley Grammar School

Post by tasha »

Hi there,

My friends son received his result for Langley grammar today and scored 112. He scored 123 for his Bucks. She wants to know if she does not get her first choice Langley grammar, then can she appeal. He was going through eye treatment at the time of his exam. He did have a doctors letter, the school was aware of this.

Many thanks
Tasha
chad

Re: Results for Langley Grammar School

Post by chad »

Yes your friend can appeal....but the school will be looking for evidence of high ability in school work to offset against the possible impact of the extenuating circumstances. They can accept the school offered while appealing for a place at Langley.

I am not sure when you can appeal as obviously 112 has been below the cut off in the historical records I have managed to record. It may be that you can appeal before the March allocation on the basis that he should of got a higher score than he did. They would have to ask the question of Langley.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Here is Langley's appeal policy

http://www.lgs.slough.sch.uk/Admissions ... S_2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chad

Post by chad »

Yes had another look at this earlier. My only query its that applicants who did not achieve 111 can put in an appeal before march . Do those who have achieved over 111 but less than last years first round allocation of 117 have to wait until after march to appeal after the non-qualified appeals have taken place?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now