How many sit Slough Grammar?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Complete Novice

How many sit Slough Grammar?

Post by Complete Novice »

My DD did the Slough exam but unfortunately realised half way through the NVR that she was not transposing the answers onto the answer sheet as we had really been concentrating on the Standard Format. My fault really but we were concentrating hard on Kendrick and I just forgot to remind her to use the answer sheet! :oops: She was unable to go back and try to sort out the previous sections. and so predictably her score was poor. Her VR score was pretty good however and this enabled her to pass. I would like to try and ascertain where approximately her score placed her but would need to know how many sat for or usually sit for Slough Grammar. Does anyone know whether a score of 111 places you in the top 25 % for example?

Thank you!

CN
chad

Re: How many sit Slough Grammar?

Post by chad »

Hi,

Slough Grammar has 145 places per year and has approx 100 children sitting for each place ( 1400 ish applicants)

In 2008 these were the figures...

Slough Grammar..... Number of Applicants 1416... PAN 145
Langley Grammar.... Number of Applicants 1575... PAN 145
Herschel Grammar... Number of Applicants 1654... PAN 120
St Bernard Grammar.Number of Applicants 578... PAN 120

Personally I would think that a score of 111 is def within top 25%

Sorry to hear about the misunderstanding on the answer papers.... it can be so daunting on the actual day. Your dd did well to reach the qualifying score.

See here
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... applicants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
to see the historical data on scores.
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Thanks Chad, that was interesting to see that so many do sit the Slough test. I would like to infer something hopeful about our prospects in the Kendrick exam as they had approx 6 applicants per place but I suspect that a narrower band of children sit the Kendrick exam and so the competition is still probably fiercer! :(

CN
chad

Post by chad »

There will be some that sit Slough grammar 11+ that are also included in the numbers for the Langley or Herschel figures..... so it is not as bad as first glance. :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now