Consortuim Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JaysDarlin

Re: Consortuim Results

Post by JaysDarlin »

Thanks, Chad.

Did anyone on this forum get into Herschel who was out of catchment..? I wonder.....?

This was by far the hardest and toughest 11+ journey I've had so far. *collapses in a heap*

Its heartbreaking that many family's children didn't get into schools they were hoping for. Such a bittersweet time.
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

I am very disappointed the way the system works, we have not been offered any schools that were on the CAF, including the non-selective schools.

Instead we have been offered a place within a different Borough.

I have complained to my LEA, (I pay my council tax to them), and they can't even offer my DC a place within the same borough I live in. I am very disappointed. Will be appealing :-(
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Oh Slough Mum!

The same thing has happened to my friend! They got offered a place in a really poor school that wasn't one of their 6 choices. :(

Hope the appeal goes well for you.
rb123

Post by rb123 »

Please advice - It appears my council has made an error - they offered me Chesham grammar and then I received an offer letter from SGS which had been placed above Chesham so really I should have been allocated SGS so somebody somewhere has made an error. Upon calling the council, they said I have to come in person to sort this. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

rb123 - who is your LEA? Slough?
rb123

Post by rb123 »

No - Ealing. So don't know what has gone wrong.
chad

Post by chad »

Hi rb123

It does sound as if an error has been made. Have you managed to sort it out?
If Slough Grammar was above Chesham on your CAF then (if they are willing to make you an offer) that should be school you were allocated.