Reading Boys Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stevew61

Re: Reading Boys Waiting List

Post by stevew61 »

cestlavie wrote:Yes, I saw that, and am selfishly hoping it happens again. Do you know when boarders have to accept their places?
No, but last year as the post says they were released to day places on 24th March, it might take a couple of days for the info. to filter down, RS was involved in an unusual appeal and so may have had advance notice. It was exceptional for this to happen and I am sure the school will have tried hard to fill the boarding places this year......

Further places may arise after Easter when indie's demand first term fees, it is not unkown for very late places to arise in Septmeber. :shock:

I think your name
cestlavie
is probably the best way. :)
cestlavie wrote:Btw, I notice you are in caversham (so are we) so if I deduce correctly, there are a number of very bright boys from our local primary who also didn't get in and will be going to the same comp as your son, so he will be in good company!
Yes, lots of bright boys going to the local comp. :) Good luck with the waiting list.
cestlavie

Re: Reading Boys Waiting List

Post by cestlavie »

On a whim I called the council today and we've moved up to 6th place on the waiting list. So that is the first 18 on the original list who have been offered a place (or perhaps some have turned it down along the way). Hopefully this will be useful for future years. And if anyone out there is planning to turn down a place please do it sooner rather than later, I dread the thought of a letter arriving in early September!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now