Anyone else didnt get in Reading/Kendrick ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Onwards and Upwrads

Anyone else didnt get in Reading/Kendrick ?

Post by Onwards and Upwrads »

Hi all
Anyone else whose children didnt get as hoped out there ? Lots of congrats going on here perhaps we need out own comiserations forum.
We missed reading by just a few points. Son is OK, no problems about it all. Husband is fine. I pretend I am.
anyone else out there ?
disappointed

Post by disappointed »

Yes missed by 20. Disappointed he was the top in his class by some way. I think problem was not getting any tutoring etc. only discovered this forum after the test. His 2 best friends had tutors and were always below in him class tests but started practising way before I got it together.Keep thinking I may have let him down by not doing practises etc
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Onwards,

Sorry to hear your news. As he only missed by a few points, I'm sure he will excel in top sets at his new school, and also get to be with his current friends!!

:)

BW
O & U

Post by O & U »

Hopefully. Cant help agreeing with disappointed that I let him down somehow because he never wanted to do much work (too busy with sports/music etc) so we didn't do a full paper. I feel this is on my head and my fault and cannot mention to son/husband as they are taking it so well.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

O&U and disappointed, I am sorry to hear your news, but it is good that your children are taking it well, it's the most important.

You should not feel guilty of not having tutored enough. Unless you have found this site of course :wink: , there is little advice around, and it is sometimes very difficult to find the borderline between over and unter preparing a child.

A place in a grammar school is far for being the only way to get a good education, but a strong parental support is vital, and I am sure that yourchildren will get plenty of it.

Best wishes

Catherine