Comprehension for Reading Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

woodywoodpecker

Comprehension for Reading Boys

Post by woodywoodpecker »

Could anyone confirm whether the comprehension in Reading Boys paper is multiple choice or not please? We are prepping lots of comprehension but have only done Bonds and others which involve answering in sentences. I will be pleased if it is m/choice as it is a big challenge currently! If the comp passage is m/choice, could anyone recommend any m/choice papers to get hold of? Many thanks
cocoa0101

Re: Comprehension for Reading Boys

Post by cocoa0101 »

Hi
It is definitely a multi choice english paper which consists of 2 short comprehensions ( at least it did last year). They set there own papers so there is no guarantee that the format wil be repeated. Gl assessment, bond and 11+ exams all publish a set of multi choice English papers, but all the
passages are very long- you could try breaking them up into 2 if your DS finds it too much to start with. Athey also publish a set of english papers but i find the comprehensions very old fashioned.

You could try reading different types of text together eg. Poems, articles...and discuss meaning of text as well as focus on some key words that he may not know the meaning of in the given context.

Hope that helps.
woodywoodpecker

Re: Comprehension for Reading Boys

Post by woodywoodpecker »

Thanks Cocoa101 that's really helpful! I agree that some of the comprehensions are old fashioned which is half the battle really.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now