Pass criteria between schools with Berks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SingleDad

Pass criteria between schools with Berks

Post by SingleDad »

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the pass mark is the same for all schools within Berks? Or does it vary from school to school.

So, for example, I am planning to appy for Herschel Grammar and Slough Grammar. With the Slough Consortium as I understand it, my daughter will be sitting the test once for both schools. Is it possible that we could be offered a place in one school, but not the other? Or is it a case of either both will offer a place or neither will offer a place?

(I have asked the same question on the Buckinghamshire board for Buckinghamshire schools too, since we're planning to apply there too)

Many thanks,
mad?

Re: Pass criteria between schools with Berks

Post by mad? »

If your DC passes you will be offered the school which you have placed highest on your caf.
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think the criteria might be a bit different in Berks, involving score as well, but I'm not sure - is there nothing in the "stickies" at the top of the section?
scary mum
mad?

Post by mad? »

scary mum wrote:I think the criteria might be a bit different in Berks, involving score as well, but I'm not sure - is there nothing in the "stickies" at the top of the section?
Yes sorry, it is school dependent...but you still only get one offer...the highest ranked school on your caf for which dc qualifies. ie, even if you get 100% in all exams they do not all offer your child a place. S
mad?