St Bernards - are they still undersubscribed?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
English Emilia

St Bernards - are they still undersubscribed?

Post by English Emilia »

Does anyone know if St Bernards is still undersubscribed? I know that in the last 2 years, most people with a score of 111 or above have been given a place. I even know of some people (not Catholics) who were given a place with 110, without even having to appeal. If we have a score of 116 and are non-practising protestants, are we likely to be offered a place this year?
GraniteDad

Re: St Bernards - are they still undersubscribed?

Post by GraniteDad »

Speaking to the Head at one of the Open Days, he stated that in the last few years "all the children that expressed a preference for StB were offered a place regardless of their Faith".
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

I am not sure that the last couple of years will be a good indicator as things have changed on both the merger and ofsted status. I will definitely be suprised if they are undersubscribed like last year, but have no other information apart from a very full open evening and exam room, which does't mean much.

I'd be interested if anyone knows if first preference info, similar to that which is available for Bucks, is available for the consortium.
English Emilia

Post by English Emilia »

Thanks for your replies. I also suspect that the school will not be undersubscribed to the same extent as the last couple of years, as the panic over the suspected merger seems to have finally died down. I am still hopeful that we will get a place, although the lady I spoke to at Open Day said that if we were not regular church goers, we would be "last on the list" (her words!) to be allocated a place, regardless of score. I don't object to their allocation policy, but it does make me slightly nervous!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now