Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pcn

results

Post by pcn »

Just got the result...our son missed by 2. His birthday was October so he lost a few points there and he did say he thought it was a lot harder than the practise papers. Really disappointed FOR him not IN him.
He tried his best.. it may not have been good enough for Langley but it was good enough for us. Just have to break the news to him. Hopefully he won't be too worried over it. He worked so hard for it.:cry: Oh well! Just hope we get his first choice of High school/Academy...another long agonising wait.
pcn

results

Post by pcn »

Congratulations to all those who passed WELL DONE!!!
Smita, sorry to hear your son missed as well. Will you appeal,we won't, but I would be interested to know.. This is rotten isn't it?
Smita

Post by Smita »

PCN,

I dont know right now.

Appeal on what grounds? I know he is capable of doing well at grammar, but I have no compelling grounds to appeal.

His school work is above average. We did not coach him for non verbal and maths. Perhaps we should have. We thought he will walk it.

If someone can help on some well meaning reasons for appealing. I would appreciate. If we can come up with good reasons then we will definitely appeal.
Smita
Tone

11+ Scores

Post by Tone »

Daughter, Amrit, scores:

BUCKS 125
Langley 125

it's all good

Post by Guest »

Betty,

This is copied from the Langley grammar website:

about last year admissions

"Pass mark here is 111 but due to over subscription offers may have to be initially made at a higher mark. For the last cohort initial offers were made at 119 and all those children scoring 111 – 118 were placed on our waiting list. Very high but eventually offers were made down to 115. A number of those on the waiting list also gained admission through the appeal process. "

Post by Guest »

Hi Catherine,
Well done to your son and you, my daughter just missed by 1 mark she scored 104 in non verbal, 113 in verbal and 114 in maths. I appreciate if you could tell me your son results specially the non verbal. I was proud of my daughter as she has managed to get this score with a total of 36 questions unanswered in all papers,it is a pitty she did not guess a few.

jim
bettina

boys v girls

Post by bettina »

does anyone know if the Slough grammar schools have a 50/50 intake for boys/girls and if so does that mean it is slightly easier for the boys to get in as their average is probably a bit lower than the girls?.
Smita

Post by Smita »

Jim,

We too missed out by 1 point. Are you going to appeal?
We have not decided yet. My son wants us to appeal.

Smita

Post by Guest »

Hi Smitta
I am sorry that your son missed out, My daughter is still waiting for the tiffin girls results in march which is our 1st choice. we will not be appealing as langley out for reach for us geographicly and we only used it as a trial test for our daughter. I hope this trial pays off as she came out of the exam alot happier and answered all questions in the Tiffin test. My daughter always scored 95% and above in her practice tests. I feel the day she sat the exam at langley she was a bit nervous due to the disorganised planning which she found very intimidating. I can only blame langley school for the lack of planning prior to the test.

Jim
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

To Jim,

Could be a good idea to have a trial test, particilarly if you child is nervous!
My son's scores were NVR 112, Marths 121, VR 133. We knew than NVB was its weakest subject, I was just hoping that he would do enough. His main weakeness in both VR and NVR was speed, so we always made sure that he actually filled up all tick boxes, even for a home test, so that under exam pressure he remembered to do it.

Good luck to your daughter for Tiffin

To Mel,

More than happy to help. I'll post something soon.