Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Huh
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:46 pm 

I said the other day that on the online admissions site I seemed to have duplicate applications. I emailed Reading Council this morning, and got this in return: "You appear to have submitted two applications for E but he is one child so you will only receive one offer." Which - and I know I am being petty here! - kind of irritated me. The 2 applications are identical, down to time submitted - clearly I could not have submitted them both simultaneously! They do say "resubmitted" on them - I guess I went back into the application to add or amend something, and something went a bit weird. But of course it couldn't possibly be Reading Council's computer system which has never ever gone wrong before *ahem*, it must be the incompetent parent making the mistake. Grrrrr! :mrgreen:

Very tempted to send a grumpy reply, just to relieve a bit of tension, lol! Perhaps I could get into a big argument about it and then offer to back down and accept all responsibility if they could tell me E's result straightaway :lol:

Honestly, I had to deal with the Reading, Wokingham and West Berks schools admissions teams last year, and Reading were useless - including failing to pass on that I was turning down a place for dd2 at one school so I got a phone call on the first day of the September term asking where she was! - and sounded miserable on the phone whenever I spoke to them, whereas Wokingham and W Berks were cheery and seemed perfectly competent :) Couldn't help perceiving some sort of correlation ;-)

Post subject: Re: Huh
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:47 pm 

aliportico wrote:
Very tempted to send a grumpy reply, just to relieve a bit of tension, lol! Perhaps I could get into a big argument about it and then offer to back down and accept all responsibility if they could tell me E's result straightaway :lol:

That would be great if they could but what if they amended your choice to a lower one out of spite! :shock: :o :x :lol: I would wait until after allocation then do it and tell them that they have been useless to deal with!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:19 am 

Rofl! Just as well I didn't go in with all guns blazing!

Tbh, having re-read it again more calmly, I did ask if this was nothing to worry about or whether I would get offered 2 school places (and did mean it as a joke!) so perhaps she was being a bit facetious too :roll: :oops: :lol:

And breathe ..... relax ..... 8 days to get through!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:26 am 

Glad you have calmed down! :D
Good Luck. x