caring star wrote:
• Where can she able to buy the uniform
• Any tips /anything they are v strict about uniforms or coats
• What all languages DS has to study apart from English
• She heard that Latin is there , so will they expect her DS to know that the basics of that language as he hasn’t learned that language before.
• Also her DS doesn’t know swimming. so is it compulsory or how they going to tackle a boy with no idea of swimming.
• Any idea whether the tutors there offer tuition in case if he needs extra help for any subject.
They will get an information pack and have a taster day so plenty of opportunity to resolve issues.
Uniform - by September years 7 & 8 will be wearing the new blazer with the badge on. Year 9 will still be wearing, I guess, the old style plain grey blazer. Check with the school. Yes they are stictish about uniform.
Languages - Year 9 will be third year of French and second of German. The school say at least one must be taken at GCSE, but I've heard of the odd one doing neither.
Year 9 - The Latin becomes a continuation of Latin (hard to catch up) but also splits into an introduction to other GCSE options Greek or Classical Civilisation.
Swimming was big in Year 7, not sure much in Year 9. I will check with DS. Having said that having some basic water safety skills and swimming would be a good idea.
In Year 7 they did provide catch up lessons so I am sure the school have a way of successfully integrating boys from a wide range of backgrounds in Y9.
The school cope with Y9 intake every year and Y7 boarders so I'm sure everything will be fine.