GL Pack 1 test 1 NVR is a wake up call

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Reading Mum

GL Pack 1 test 1 NVR is a wake up call

Post by Reading Mum »

:shock:
Just got DD to do her first GL NVR paper and it may have shocked her out of her complacency. She has been doing fairly well on VR with relatively little effort but this has come as a shock. We are going to have to put some work in between now and 1st October.
I have since read - while trying to explain the ones she got wrong - that this one is a bit of a stinker but I am glad I didn't leave it till the end of the holidays.

Onwards and upwards :D :D
Bewildered

Re: GL Pack 1 test 1 NVR is a wake up call

Post by Bewildered »

Agree, it is the worst. The others are fairly standard in comparison :D
SingleDad

Post by SingleDad »

My daughter sat this paper last year in preparation for her 11+ last year.

Of ALL the NVR papers she sat at home (we sat GL, Bond, CGP and Nfer) her lowest scoring paper was GL Pack 1 Test 1. Her highest scoring paper at home was GL Pack 1 Test 4.
Last edited by SingleDad on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Thanks guys.
I have not passed this on to her as it has been useful to make her realise that she was taking too much for granted. When we went through the answers in detail it did serve to highlight some things that just would not have occurred to her so it was good in that way. We have dropped back to alternating days of 10 min tests (1 NVR, 1 VR) and Bond NVR 30 min assessments for a bit and she's back in the scores we are used to but she knows the other 3 in the pack are going to surface later in the holiday or in September. I wish I wasn't working as we would have so much more time but as it is she is in holiday club full time so we just fit in what we can.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now