We are starting to feel nervous...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Complete Novice

Re: We are starting to feel nervous...

Post by Complete Novice »

You could always call the school and ask them. I called when DD sat year before last as all the rumours were well over 700 and they told me that although they didn't want to put an exact figure on it, it was "just shy of 600" that had sat. It turned out to be 597 when we had the results letter so a pretty good indication was given.
rocketgirl

Post by rocketgirl »

Thanks for the info, everyone.

Even my usually cool-as-a-cucumber DH raised the subject of "What's our Plan B" tonight.
I dunno..move house or start buying lotto tickets to pay for indie fees..? Either of these is less emotionally painful than the thought of sending her to our catchment school.

We are dreading Tuesday (or Heaven forbid, Wednesday).

How are you and your DDs coping with the countdown to results day?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Me stressed, DD blasé :shock:
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

We've stopped talking about it at home now for the last few days......been discussing what we are going to do during half term :)

let Dd know that the results will come next week and that they can be late, hopefully she won't be stressing all day Tuesday at school!

I just hope we get the results Tuesday and move on.

Btw, a super post in the Bucks forum which should give us all heart :cry: …. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=27146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rocketgirl

Post by rocketgirl »

How awful for "story of a girl"'s Dad - thank goodness there was a happy ending..!

We've decided to intercept the letter before the children spot it on the doormat (why are they so interested in what comes through the letterbox - we only seem to get bills and junk mail?), plant them in front of the TV and sneak off to open the letter to read and digest the result, before telling our lovely girl the news.

However, because our mail arrives at random times most days :roll: intercepting the verdict letter will probably mean setting up a watchman's rota from tomorrow until Wednesday - and failing that, I'll be camping up at the end of our road to catch the postman before he gets within sight of our house!

I'm sure that I'm not the only one brewing crazy postal-related ideas? At least it serves as a distraction from worrying about the actual results :lol:

Rocketgirl
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I think you are safe today and Monday as they say they won't post till then. I work from home so will have no trouble being first at it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now