Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:40 am 
Dear All

I understand that the headteacher at my childs school will be sending a report to her new school Herschel Grammar in the near future. Does anyone know whether we as parents have the right to see the report prior to it being sent to the new school. What does the report contain and is it on a standard form for all pupils. Also when are the SATs results available.

Janice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm 
I am not sure whether we have the right to see the report. I am interested to find this out too, because my son's teacher has been going on at him since September about it. She has been scaring him with every little thing he hasn't done to perfection.

I believe the SAT result will be out at the end of June, not sure of the exact date though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:36 pm 

Dear Janice and WOBW

Perhaps your schools are referring to the Common Transfer File, which contains specific information on your child, including test results. See the following link....

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/management ... ?code=furt

Re SATs results will be sent to the school by 10 July....

Patricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:24 pm 

WOBW wrote:
I am not sure whether we have the right to see the report.

I thought that the schools were not allowed to withold information from the parents about their own children, although they can be very reluctant to deliver.

It would be interesting to find out exactly..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:33 am 
Thank you Patricia. That link was useful. I think, the teacher must been talking about this common transfer file. I just wonder whether they are allowed to comment on a personal level. My son's teacher was not very easy to please until the 11+ result came through. Although his SAT results until then were brilliant, she was negetive towards him. Since the 11+, she has been prasing him non-stop.
I will ask at the parents meeting to see this file and see if she let us see it. I will let you know Catherine.