Slough Consortium Results For Entry Sept 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nik

Re: Slough Consortium Results For Entry Sept 2013

Post by nik »

Does anyone have any feedback on Burnham Grammar? Education-wise /ethos - wise ...
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Hear it is vey good
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

nik wrote:Does anyone have any feedback on Burnham Grammar? Education-wise /ethos - wise ...
i think it comes after langley grammar, herschel for sure as far as i have heard
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If you look at the league tables there seems little between them. I have 3 at BGS if there is nothing specific you would like to know. You might get more answers asking in the Bucks section. I just happened to see this. I know nothing about the Slough schools, though, so can't compare.
scary mum
drummer

Post by drummer »

harrow123 wrote: i think it comes after langley grammar, herschel for sure as far as i have heard
REALLY ????!!!!

Not in the league tables I've looked at. Not from my visits to the schools and not from my experience of BGS. In fact all the people *I* know who are at Langley or Herschel are there because they failed to get into their first choice BGS (not that I claim that to be a representative sample!) and ALL of the many Slough parents that I have spoken to at our mixed Slough/Bucks school who are choosing schools this year have put BGS first (after visiting all schools).

Simply astonished to hear such a blanket assertion with no apparent basis.

I don't normally comment on 'which school' questions especially when they turn into one school versus another debates as WE can't possibly know which school is best for a child we don't know. The best school for your child is the school best suited for YOUR individual child and people really need to visit for themselves and then ask very specific rather than general questions (IMHO).

All three schools are excellent - you have to choose the right one for your child and your family (transport convenience etc). Ultimately, I would pick the nearest unless you have a particular reason to strongly prefer one over the others.
vijay777

Post by vijay777 »

BusyMumThree wrote:Hi, we'll done to your daughter Sundaa

My daughter got 131 in the slough consortium results...really proud of her... :D

I think this puts us in with a very good chance for Herschel, doesn't it ????
Yes she has a great chance. Be happy & dont worry,,, the worry is for me as my daughter got 119. And i am not sure if its enough for either herchell ,langely or slough.? Although must say she really tried very hard & i am proud of her
SSG1973

Post by SSG1973 »

drummer wrote:
harrow123 wrote: i think it comes after langley grammar, herschel for sure as far as i have heard
REALLY ????!!!!

Not in the league tables I've looked at. Not from my visits to the schools and not from my experience of BGS. In fact all the people *I* know who are at Langley or Herschel are there because they failed to get into their first choice BGS (not that I claim that to be a representative sample!) and ALL of the many Slough parents that I have spoken to at our mixed Slough/Bucks school who are choosing schools this year have put BGS first (after visiting all schools).

Simply astonished to hear such a blanket assertion with no apparent basis.

I don't normally comment on 'which school' questions especially when they turn into one school versus another debates as WE can't possibly know which school is best for a child we don't know. The best school for your child is the school best suited for YOUR individual child and people really need to visit for themselves and then ask very specific rather than general questions (IMHO).

All three schools are excellent - you have to choose the right one for your child and your family (transport convenience etc). Ultimately, I would pick the nearest unless you have a particular reason to strongly prefer one over the others.

Hi i think all grammar schools are great, however you can get a good idea from the BBC league tables:

Langley Grammar: http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/sch ... urn=110101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Burnham Grammar : http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/sch ... urn=110493" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers :D
Sundaa

Post by Sundaa »

Finally D-Day has arrived. Can't wait for the results. Good Luck everyone. :!:
vnhbmum

Post by vnhbmum »

hi everyone,

My ds got in slough grammar with score 116.
I know my friend's ds with 118 got in herschel on basis of rank order.
Can anybody who got in herschel on rank order is below 118.
Please reply i am really worried.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

vnhbmum wrote:hi everyone,

My ds got in slough grammar with score 116.
I know my friend's ds with 118 got in herschel on basis of rank order.
Can anybody who got in herschel on rank order is below 118.
Please reply i am really worried.
Does slough consortium provide allocation profiles for its schools in the same ways bucks does? If so, has it been published?, if so, wher can I find it? Thanks