transport from langley to kinston - Tiffins

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dsahni

Re: transport from langley to kinston - Tiffins

Post by dsahni »

RAJ1972 wrote:My DS got 245 for Tiffin boys and we live in Slough near Skyways Hotel.

Maybe there is an option of a shared commute?

Please let me know your thoughts on this

sure, would you be putting Tiffins as first pref on CAF? my son has also got langley i am confused.... any thoughts what i should go for .. langley or Tiffins
dsahni

Post by dsahni »

harrow123 wrote:
dsahni wrote:hi, my son has passed Tiffins. Does anyone know transport from Langley to Kingston? any Taxi/transport? . Thanks
as far as i know no taxi service in place by any existing pupils. pupil go to datchet station and take 2 trains to reach kingston

if my dd gets thru tiffin girls then we can work together for a taxi :)
do you know anyone travelling this route?
RAJ1972

Post by RAJ1972 »

We are worried about the journey time at the moment and do not want to send him on public transport until he is older.

If we decide on Tiffins, we will put it first and then langley.

Taxi to and from Kingston is about £60 a day, so if there were 3/4 kids it makes it cost effective.

Journey would be at least 1 hour each way.
mad?

Post by mad? »

RAJ1972 wrote:We are worried about the journey time at the moment and do not want to send him on public transport until he is older.

Taxi to and from Kingston is about £60 a day, so if there were 3/4 kids it makes it cost effective.

In which case re-reads your post and use that to help you to decide. Your DC would be unable to participate in any school activities in order to get the taxi, assuming you got 3 kids that's £100 per week. Try and work out what you think makes it better (if anything) and whether that is worth £4000 per year to you and 10 hours a week to your DC. Good luck.
mad?
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

dsahni wrote:
harrow123 wrote:
dsahni wrote:hi, my son has passed Tiffins. Does anyone know transport from Langley to Kingston? any Taxi/transport? . Thanks
as far as i know no taxi service in place by any existing pupils. pupil go to datchet station and take 2 trains to reach kingston

if my dd gets thru tiffin girls then we can work together for a taxi :)
do you know anyone travelling this route?
I know for sure 2 brothers
dsahni

Post by dsahni »

RAJ1972 wrote:We are worried about the journey time at the moment and do not want to send him on public transport until he is older.

Hi Raj- we too will be open for Taxi...do you know any other kids traveling from langley to Kingston?
suzanne

Post by suzanne »

I think that journey every day would be a nightmare
Dvnp

Post by Dvnp »

Hi Raj1972, My DS as well got scores for Tiffins today. He is very likely get admission. We live in Langley near Police station. it is good option to pool a taxi. Do let me know your thoughts and let me know how I can reach you ( email/mobile)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now