got high mark in slough consortium, do we still attend bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
harrow123

got high mark in slough consortium, do we still attend bucks

Post by harrow123 »

dd got 127 marks in slough consortium, our house is 100 mts from langley grammar school, burnham grammar is our 6th choice.

Q: dd will be taking bucks ooc (ooc becaz she does not attend slough school) tests next week. but i am just wondering does she need to take the test or shall we skip the bucks exams . Any way she got guaranteed score that she will get slough schools for sure so what is the point of going for bucks tests. also dd has school on both test days

Please share your experiences and ideas
BusyMumThree

Re: got high mark in slough consortium, do we still attend b

Post by BusyMumThree »

Hi Harrow123

Well done to your daughter for a good score :D

In answer to your question I guess it comes down to which school you prefer and also considerations like trave time etc. Personally if I was in your situation I'd leave bucks and just go for Langley since it is so close to you...I am in hounslow and applying for my child to go to Herschel (my dd got 131 :D ) but am still stressing about travel time ... You are in a ideal position....but I guess you are the only one that can decide what's best for you and your daughter!!

Anyway best of luck with whichever decision you make
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

BusyMumThree wrote:Hi Harrow123

Well done to your daughter for a good score :D

In answer to your question I guess it comes down to which school you prefer and also considerations like trave time etc. Personally if I was in your situation I'd leave bucks and just go for Langley since it is so close to you...I am in hounslow and applying for my child to go to Herschel (my dd got 131 :D ) but am still stressing about travel time ... You are in a ideal position....but I guess you are the only one that can decide what's best for you and your daughter!!

Anyway best of luck with whichever decision you make
thanks, as i may have mentioned bucks is my 6th choice. but my question is (silly) just in case if my daughter does not into any slough school if cutoff becomes suddenly 130 ..... etc etc . I know this is impossible
BusyMumThree

Post by BusyMumThree »

Well maybe this will help with your decision:

from speaking to lots of parents most children seem to be between the 117 and 125 mark so cutoff should be consistent with the last few years 117 or 118...I can't see your child not securing a place at Langley..
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

BusyMumThree wrote:Well maybe this will help with your decision:

from speaking to lots of parents most children seem to be between the 117 and 125 mark so cutoff should be consistent with the last few years 117 or 118...I can't see your child not securing a place at Langley..
Thanx, if not langley then herschel if not then slough grammar

fine, will skip bucks tests
BusyMumThree

Post by BusyMumThree »

Best of luck!!
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

I would probably allow your child to celebrate a great achievement!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now