Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 pm 

I am aware there are no school buses running from the Bracknell area to Kendrick and the idea of a train is putting me off applying. Is anyone else is in this posiotion that may be interested in a taxi share?

Taxi is around £40 per day for the two journeys, split between 3/4/5 people this could be manageable.

Alternatively, I would happily do the morning school run, but couldn't do the afternoon.

Would love to hear from you if you are interested! :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 am 

What's the problem with a train?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 am 

Busymum2010

I too was worried after all if she caught the wrong one next stop could be London Paddington or even Scotland. In fact my dd (year 11 now) was also a little nervous. Train journey was 4 mins but the bus takes atleast 45 mins if not longer. Let me reassure you they soon get very confident (days) and soon make friends - train buddies ( well as soon as you leave them to it I travelled with my dd to and from school for 2 weeks - a little over cautious perhaps). Now my dd travels in with a yr 7 girl who lives a few doors away as well as the crowd of Abbey girls and Reading boys. Its all very friendly and I am sure there are other girls that travel to Kendrick from Bracknell that she could latch on to - its really encouraged at the school.

Kendrick mum- and the postie has still not arrived :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:46 am 

Busymum2012, as far as i know, there is a public bus running every 20 minutes between Bracknell to Reading. It certainly used to go to the hospital which is only 5 mins away from Kendrick.

We live in Bracknell and my daughter did well in Kendrick - it seems we have the same issue to deal with. Send me a PM and we can chat further.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 am 

There is a bus but it takes a loooong time. Much longer than the train since there seem to be roadworks permanently somewhere along the route. That being said, a bus feels safer than a train as it goes slower so DD can recognise landmarks as she reaches destination plus there is a driver. Maybe do the bus for the first couple of weeks until she works out who else in her year travels from Bracknell and then they could form a plan to travel together by train?

I am on the PTA at a Reading Indie and we have had Kendrick parents ask us if they could use the coaches but the answer seemed to be no.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 am 

Reading Mum wrote:
That being said, a bus feels safer than a train as it goes slower so DD can recognise landmarks as she reaches destination plus there is a driver.

Lol, I always think a train is easier than a bus because you have less worry about working out which stop is yours!