Is the Head at St Bernards retiring July 2013?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Busymum2012

Is the Head at St Bernards retiring July 2013?

Post by Busymum2012 »

I had read on one of the threads that the Head of St Bernards is leaving next summer....../ Can anyone confirm/clarify this????

Was hoping my DD would start there next September, but this throws a spanner in the works! I am concerned about what a change in head could mean for the school. :(

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

Thanks
Looking for help

Re: Is the Head at St Bernards retiring July 2013?

Post by Looking for help »

Yes....but its a fairly well oiled machine. I don't think it will make that much difference.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Yes he is retiring after 14 years. From what I hear he will be sorely missed. I can see why you would be concerned. I don't think they will struggle to fill the job but there may be disruption in early years as a new head comes in with his own ideas. What would also concern me is what the existing teachers who apply but don't get the job will feel
Looking for help

Is it fourteen years ? He has been there through our association with the school which has ended this year. I think he will be missed, however, I'm sure the school will be just fine. I'm trying to think whether any of the deputies might be interested....perhaps one of them.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Would assume they would be interested, just a niggle for me if they are overlooked and decide its time to move on.....Have son in yr 9
Looking for help

Well most heads are recruited out of the school, so I would say not an expectation for a current deputy.

Mr M has given plenty of time for a decent and proper recruitment process, I would imagine the governors are up to the task. :D