100 days to go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: 100 days to go

Post by tiffinboys »

In our area, the results would probably be known after 5 pm. Another 17 hours to wait.
And usually, the system crashes at that point. :roll:
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I know its sad but I did a practice run the other day on the LEA website, making sure the right link was bookmarked and that my username and password was correct! I logged on and it said something like 'School Allocation will be displayed here on 1st March 2013' as to be expected.

I hope you guys are going to be around this time in 3 weeks to support me :shock:
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Not sad, sensible I'd say. I know I did that last year - you don't want to be worrying about it at midnight!

Think this is roughly when I started feeling really sick any time I thought about it, and was so glad to be able to come here for the company of like-minded people. So I'm sending out lots of calming thoughts for you all, and will definitely be here in 3 weeks' time to congratulate (and commiserate if necessary).
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

sonasona wrote:I know its sad but I did a practice run the other day on the LEA website, making sure the right link was bookmarked and that my username and password was correct! I logged on and it said something like 'School Allocation will be displayed here on 1st March 2013' as to be expected.

I hope you guys are going to be around this time in 3 weeks to support me :shock:
Just done the same thing. :lol:
Some confusion over the time though. The RBC website says the results are available from 9:00 but when I've checked my application just now it says it will be emailed at midnight. I think this means our allocation will be emailed at midnight but if we want to check online that will be at 9:00. I have no idea why it should be different.
Guess we will find out on the day.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Last year I managed to log on about twenty past midnight, and the email arrived late afternoon!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

That's even more confusing! :lol:

I've emailed RBC to ask what will really happen but I don't think I'll get a response until Monday.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

I just went and looked at the council page. Seems odd tbh to have the site go live at 9 am - seems like a good way to guarantee crashes? Considering how hard it was to get logged on at midnight, when presumably not everyone was up! Ah well, we will wait patiently until next week and see what they say.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Wokingham are not stating any timings........could be a long day :oops:

'The site is now closed to all new applications.

If you have made an application for entry to secondary school in September 2013, the result of your application will be available to view from 01 March 2013 and, if requested, a confirmation email will be sent on this day.'
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Not long to go. London offers go on line in exactly 2 weeks at 5 pm.

100 days have now come down to just 14 days.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Still no repsonse from RBC apart form the acknowledgement email.