Kendrick 2015 entry anyone ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sonasona

Re: Kendrick 2015 entry anyone ?

Post by sonasona »

Welcome to the 2015 club amnash :)

Dd is loving the prep, she has a purpose and she can't get enough of it but thats just her! She knows where the books and files are which her Sister used and just grabs them and has a go herself. We occasionally help with the vocab if she asks. She was quite interested when her Sister was practising or maybe just plain nosy at the time :lol:

Not really worrying about the 11+ at the moment as she seem to do be doing ok there.......a long long way to go yet. Have other more pressing issues to deal with at the moment :o

Sorry, I can't really advise on Tutors myself.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

amnash wrote:Hi all, we too are going to try for Kendrick 2015 entry, we bought some Bonds books as well as Suzan Daughtry's books but we haven't had the chance to work on them yet,,, I would love to DIY it but I have 18 months little monkey and finishing a PhD as well, the plan is to submit PhD end of October not sure I will make it so worried about my daughter, I am investigating tutors at the moment
Bond VR books are not so relevant to Kendrick but the NVR are OK
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

We just used Bond VR/NVR and GL VR/NVR papers from Smiths for 2012 Kendrick tests :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I'd also be tempted to stay clear of bond for VR. Too many types and some types needed for Kendrick are missing (as friends of ours found to their cost, quite literally, as DD couldn't do some of the VR in the exam and will be going to an indie. They had only used Bond for VR)
amnash

Post by amnash »

thanks for the replies,,, and good to know that Bond are not relevant for VR, what is best ???,,
sonasona good your daughter is enjoying doing the books her self,, my dd would love to do Suzan Daughtery by herself but I would like to sit with her to know her strengths and weaknesses,, and to date time seems a challenge, I am hoping that we can do a paper or a question type a day over the summer holiday and be more focused and organised from the start of year 5,,,
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Update:- Dd is now officially bored.......her own words! lol!

She's going to have a long break now from VR and NVR and that's fine with us.......we'll meet again later this year 8)
rg45mum

Post by rg45mum »

Well just an update - dd has started more formal tutoring - so far so good - interested to get chatting with anyone whose daughters are currently in Year 5 and will be sitting the entry exam next October (so October 2014).
BamberG

Post by BamberG »

Hi,
I've been told, via a tutor, that Kendrick are likely to be changing their entry exam for 2015. I've no further info on this, so I was wondering if anyone else has heard what they're planning on changing to? I didn't really fancy splashing out on all the GL assessements, to find out in a few weeks they're swapping to a new style.

Any info much appreciated.

Rgds.
BG
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

There was a rumour last year that they were going to add maths, but nothing materialised. This is the first one I have heard this year.
Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they do change it. The time to look out for it will be just before/just after Christmas.

If schools want to change their admissions policy (including changing the test) they have to go to public consultation. This must last for at least 8 weeks and ends at the end of March. It will be on both the Kendrick school website and RBC website.

The final admissions criteria will then be published after that, I think it's April time.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

BamberG wrote:Kendrick are likely to be changing their entry exam for 2015
Bring it on.............2 stage Tiffin style testing would be good to measure performance over a couple of days :idea: