Kendrick VR and NVR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hsinam

Kendrick VR and NVR

Post by hsinam »

Can somebody help me find out the average number of questions/duration for the NVR and VR test Kendrick school test will have? I always thought that candidates have to do on an average of 1 Q /30 sec until I saw mock test timings which is 72 Q in 50 mins for NVR!
Tinkers

Re: Kendrick VR and NVR

Post by Tinkers »

VR is 100 q in 50 mins,
NVR 75 questions in 5 sections, typically 14-16 q a section, and timed to suit, 30 secs a question.

There are also practise questions on NVR, which are not timed. (This might explain your confusion over the mock, but I don't know.)
hsinam

Post by hsinam »

No confusion is due to this:

FORMAT: Verbal Reasoning (100Q-50mins); Non-verbal Reasoning NFER (72Q-50 mins); both standard format.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

As NVR is done in sections, there's time between sections. They do some practise questions then are told to put down their pencils when they have finished those. When everyone has finished those, they then start the section proper which is timed. The timing will be 30 secs a question. So overall the while thing takes longer as there's bits between the timed sections.

The total time to do the NVR therefore depends on how long they take to do the practise questions.
hsinam

Post by hsinam »

Thanks Tinkers