Good Luck For Today!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bewildered

Good Luck For Today!!

Post by Bewildered »

Good Luck to all the Girls and Boys sitting thier 11+ today at Reading Boys and Kendrick.

:D

Bw
semb

Re: Good Luck For Today!!

Post by semb »

Yes good luck all...there were a lot of nerves and pep talks in the queue for Kendrick...last night dd
asked if her exam number was to do with number of children sitting...she's in the 100s
whereas a girl in her class is in the 600s. Not wanting her to panic at the number
of kids taking it I answered that they probably just generated random numbers
so really she shouldn't read anything into it at all. My attempts to reassure her
were then completely undone by the marshal this morning. As she was guiding
girls through she commented "come on please, we have 800 to get through today!" Dd was right next to her at this point and her face fell....why can't some people think before they speak?!!! Oh well, just life I suppose. Best wishes to all
semb

Post by semb »

Actually, on refection maybe I should have answered dd truthfully last night....valuable lesson learned....
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

semb wrote:Actually, on refection maybe I should have answered dd truthfully last night....valuable lesson learned....
I addressed this issue last year by breaking the hundreds down into those that were just having a go, those that lived far away and were suing it as a mock. Managed to convince DD (and myself) that there were really about 200 well prepared candidates chasing 96 places, so 50/50 chance. :)
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Hope everyone's sons and daughters came out with a smile in their faces, thinking they'd done their best x x x