Life at Kendricks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Re: Life at Kendricks

Post by Tinkers »

Now I'm back home I have been able to look this up for you. It is a list of the clubs to give you more of an idea of what Kendrick have running.

Days, times and even which clubs run are open to change. I know some of the clubs changed days. Some even got cancelled.

http://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/Docu ... 013-14.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peridot

Re: Life at Kendricks

Post by Peridot »

Hello... I've strayed in from Surrey where my DD is in year 7 at Tiffin Girls. Whichever grammar you are going for I think the situation is probably the same, in that, as the school is teaching to the top set all the time, the pace is phenomenally fast. This means they cover a lot in the lessons and the homework load is correspondingly lighter. We have found that my DD has far less homework than her friends at Waldegrave, a very highly regarded girls' comprehensive down the road from us. My DD's school day is longer than the comp day too. I would agree with kenyancowgirl that days off sick can be a problem for catching up. At Tiffin Girls they have solved this now by assigning each girl a homework buddy in their own form. If my DD misses a day, or even one lesson, she can phone her homework buddy to go through the work she has missed.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now