Confused with completing the COA Form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Confused with completing the COA Form

Post by Guest »

We live in Bucks....I'm still confused on how to fill in the forms as when we did it for my daugther we lived in Berks at the time.

These are our choices in order of preferences:-

Langley G
Slough G
Burnham G
Herschel G
St Bernards
Local Comp

Will we get penalised for mixing??
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

No, you won't get penalised for mixing. It's absolutely fine. Providing the child is eligible for the schools, Bucks CC will try to offer paces in preference order, regardless of the LA.

Just one thing. In recent years, there was no real point in having both Langley and Herschel on the list, because they are both full with first choices. It doesn't look like the new arrangements are going to change this. It may also be the case for St Bernard's, not sure.
However, they are harmless on the list, except if you want to put down more comp choice.

Best of luck for your daughter

Catherine

Post by Guest »

Is it necessary to fill all six preferences? We've chosen Slough Grammar, Herschel and the local secondary,we don't want any other schools.Should we just leave the rest blank or ought we pick the best of,what to us, is a bad lot?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

No, it's not at all necessary to fill all six preferences. Filling up all the options gives more choice to fall back onto in case things go wrong, , but if you know that your child would get a place at the local comp and it's the best non grammar option, then there is no reason to look for more schools.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Guest - I would strongly recommend you don't put down schools you don't want. If it comes to an appeal for your local school then your choices will be there for the panel to see and you can say you didn't choose the offered school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now