Changes to 2014 consortium 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Re: Changes to 2014 consortium 11+

Post by Daogroupie »

QE Boys, Dame Alice Owen's and St M's in our area are continuing with their tried and tested format and Henrietta Barnet are only using CEM as a first round "get the numbers we need to mark down" test. So only Latymer has crumbled in our area! CSSE has gone in the opposite direction and introduced Creative Writing so Herts, Barnet and Essex are standing firm! It will be interesting to compare GCSE results in six years time. I am not a CEM fan. Papers have already leaked out and it can all be learnt just like everything else. DG
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Daogroupie wrote: Papers have already leaked out and it can all be learnt just like everything else
I'm with you on this one, from what I've seen and heard from others who sat various tests this year, CEM are really not tutor-proof as they are made out to be!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

When HBS started with CEM tests in 2012, atleast one poster here mentioned taking Birmingham test in preparation for HBS test. At the time, most parents only knew of change in format but had not heard of test being set by CEM.

So now intead of 'free mocks' being in QE or Tiffin, it would be in Birmingham, Berks, Barnet etc. :wink:
tvj

Post by tvj »

The link from St. Marys School of the announcement

http://www.stmarys.slough.sch.uk/announ ... 12.13b.pdf
onehundredeleven

Post by onehundredeleven »

So they want to tackle the scourge of "coaching." What next, insist every child studies the same number of hours and use the same books
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now