Kendrick and Reading allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
11+11+

Re: Kendrick and Reading allocations

Post by 11+11+ »

just seen this on the Kendrick website.

As at 3rd March 2014 there were 54 candidates on the waiting list; the highest score on the waiting list was 114.0.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

11+11+ wrote:sorry to hear that aliportico. You have been fantastic in providing advice on this forum which I have found incredibly helpful. I hope there is movement in the list for your DD.
Oh honestly, I'm fine about it, and she's very happy! She will be going to school with dd2 who is doing very well and I have a lot of confidence in the school. Kendrick would have been nice as it's our nearest school and would have meant she didn't have to get up so early, lol - she's an owl like dd1 rather than a lark ;-)

Glad you got your confirmation :)
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

So out of a roughly 213 who should have scored 109+ (according to our kendrickcalculator normal distribution based on the 776 we think actually sat it), that means that 150 (scoring 109+) applied.

And we have a 114 who got an offer, and at least one 114 presumably living further out who didn't.

All very interesting! Shame it's all going to change next year :lol:
supma

Post by supma »

Does anyone has any update on Reading school cutoff? Any idea when we get to hear about our position on the waiting list.
Thanks.
sylm_2000

Post by sylm_2000 »

My DD scored 114 and we are outside the catchment area so have been put on the waiting list which I am not very hopeful to be clear.

Any insight to the range waiting list for Kendrick gets clear?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Every year is different but last year the waiting list for Kendrick had only moved 1 place by September. It moved a further 3 places before Christmas when the waiting list ended. As you are ooc you will be below all those in catchment that have scored 109 or above. You should get a letter from Kendrick to say where you are on the waiting list.
sylm_2000

Post by sylm_2000 »

Thanks ! Given we are further out, Kendrick is no more of an option.

Waiting for Surrey LEA to release results.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Oh, so where it says "The waiting list consists of the ranked order of candidates (adjusted for those living within the designated area) with scores of 109.0 and above" does it mean those within the DA and 109+ and then those outside the DA with 109+ ? I hadn't even thought about the ooc being in the waiting list. Sylm, when you get your letter I'd be curious to know your waiting list position, just for my own nosiness! If you could post it or pm me I'd be very grateful!

And gosh Tinkers, I didn't know it moved between Sept-Dec - triple argh for Steve's dd. Was that girls who turned up and then left, or don't you know?
readingss

Post by readingss »

supma wrote:Does anyone has any update on Reading school cutoff? Any idea when we get to hear about our position on the waiting list.
Thanks.
Suprna - as quoted by Reading local authority - Information about where individual children are placed on waiting lists, of Reading schools will be available from 10 March 2014. I assume it should be on their website unless Reading school is giving such details too.... anyone wants to share with past experience on what was the last years 'admission' cut-off marks on waiting list? Thanks.
supma

Post by supma »

Thanks readings.

Just received the letter from Reading School which has given the current waiting list number. The waiting game starts now!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now