Likely entry cut off for Kendrick - CEM 2015 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rg45mum

Likely entry cut off for Kendrick - CEM 2015 entry

Post by rg45mum »

In the past we had a pretty good idea what the standardised mark meant. If you were above 115 you were pretty sure your daughter was 'in' and could breathe a little easier whilst waiting another 5 months for an official offer. So what now for Sept 15 entry girls? We have no idea what the overall mark will mean leaving parents struggling to make decisions about applications. Can anyone cast any light or has any experience with this from other areas. As an aside I think the introduction of these very strict timed sub sections is totally wrong in the papers. The children are already under a huge amount of pressure taking the exam - all these intense timed sessions do is ramp up the pressure further. Have one or two quick fire sections by all means but shouldn't this be about allowing children to show their potential which seems to come a poor second in this new style paper? I'm all for checking they can work quickly but that's the whole point of having a timed test - this is a step too far.
Tinkers

Re: Likely entry cut off for Kendrick - CEM 2015 entry

Post by Tinkers »

I strongly suspect CEM will use the same standardisation techniques as GL, though obviously I don't know for certain.

The cutoff will depend on how many take the exam and then how many actually apply.

This year we have the added complication that you can ask for your raw scores to be considered for the Slough schools as well (and vice versa). Also hopefully the change in catchment rules will put off those 'educational tourists' who take multiple exams in various places with a view to moving into catchment to get a place.
Both of these factors will have an impact on the numbers taking the exam and therefore the cutoff.