Newbie queries

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum

Re: Newbie queries

Post by mum »

Any extra piece of info obtained from kendrick open evening, other than what we know from discussions in this forum?
Had to miss the open eve today:(
Hope, haven't missed any important info :shock:
mum
gulat

Post by gulat »

All

Many thanks for your detailed and quick response. Guess with most schools opening the registration yesterday it feels very real now. However the support of individuals within this forum gives me the confidence

Are there any mock exams that test you CEM style with timed sections?
For those parents whose DS/DD sat the CEM exams last year - How does the timed section work in real life. DD/DS asked to start a section and told the time. Is there any warning given when close to time ending? If DD/DS has a finished the current section quickly can they go back to a previous section?(How is not going to previous section enforced)

Thanks all once again
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Hi

I am afraid it wasn't CEM last year so no one in this section has any experience of these new exams. Other areas have been doing CEM for a while.

With the old exam format and timed sections there was no going back to a previous section if you had spare time.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

gulat - have a look in Birmingham and Warwickshire threads. There is absolutely shed loads of information about the CEM tests there, the format, the content, the timings etc - i suspect you will have all your questions answered if you read through them. There is also information on bucks as they are going to CEM as well.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Bucks was CEM last year - my ds took the test. The test is all administered via cd - in the longer sections they were told 4 mins to go, 1 min etc. once a section was finished that was it. Two 45 min papers with half an hour (or maybe bit longer can't remember) in between.

As KCG said there's tons of info in the relevant regions.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Sorry - typing in a hurry! I meant to add Bucks to the Birmingham/Warks list and say Kent as the one that was going - mind you, there are lots going to CEM now!!!
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

This is true - more are then aren't really! Interestingly (actually not that interesting) all the familiarisation papers (not the practice papers) seem to have the comprehension question about Mothers Day Cards in it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now