Kendrick Induction Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tbaby21

Re: Kendrick Induction Day

Post by tbaby21 »

Thanks ladies.

We're thinking of going to the States for Oct half term and didn't want to book anything if she had a project of some sort.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Tinkers wrote:We did skort and polo shirt only to start with, but PE teacher said it would be good for sweatshirt and tracky bottoms to be done too. :roll: so I did.

Someone took this a bit further and initialled DDs socks. I know this because DD came home with three hockey socks one day. The initials meant she could return to rightful owner the next day.

She has also come home with two grey PE sweatshirts after her best friend discarded hers at random and it fell into DDs bag after one lesson. Again returned to its rightful owner. However the same friend has also lost her tracky bottoms and they never got returned, its the most expensive bit of kit too.
Was looking through old posts and thought I'd share an amusing update.

Last day of the year, and DD wanted to meet me for lunch, then we both decided it would be even better if her two friends from primary (also at Kendrick) came too with their mums.
All three girls arrived with bags full of stuff from emptying their lockers. We had lunch at the oracle.

The friend who had previously lost her tracksuit bottoms, had found the original pair, in the next locker. Her mum was looking through the bag with both pairs of tracksuit bottoms and also found her car keys, which she had lost the previous month. No idea how they got there. (The mum is a lurker on here, so she will probably read this at some point and have another laugh :) )

A couple of months ago DD lost her calculator. I'd bought her a spare one, so wasn't a problem, she swore that she had looked through her bag, desk and locker. I was dubious. I know what her 'looking' is like.
The weekend after she finished, we sorted out her stuff, including rucksack, and found missing calculator in the pocket she seems to use as a bin. :roll:
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Can anyone please tell me where do the girls keep their hockey sticks during their hockey stint? I don't remember anything about the lockers and miniTigers didn't take note either (sigh) during the induction day. Surely they don't have to bring the sticks in each week / PE lesson?

Tinkers those lockers sound quite Tardis-like :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Hockey sticks will fit in their locker. And it will probably stay there until the end of the year. :roll:

I did remind DD to bring home her hockey stick at Easter, which she did after several reminders. Somehow this didn't translate to bring your shin pads home too. (Engineers' daughter, she takes everything too literally) so we didn't get those back until last week.

At the end of each term, supply them with an extra bag and get them to bring home stuff they won't need the following term.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

we got the hockey stick back on the last but one day of the year, along with a jumper that has been missing for several weeks. No PE sweatshirt though.

I wouldn't mind too much but she is the goalkeeper so doesn't even use her normal stick - which is now too small apparently :(
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Reading Mum wrote:
I wouldn't mind too much but she is the goalkeeper so doesn't even use her normal stick - which is now too small apparently :(
We were in the local sports shop to get hockey sticks and the guy there said no matter how tall they grow, this is the standard longest stick... 36.5". I remember very little about hockey from my school days so I was in no position to disagree with him. Plus the longest stick Hawkinsport stocks (according to their uniform list) is 36". Can you get a longer stick??

Shame about all that lost / missing kit!
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I will embroider the replacement sweatshirt.

Thanks for the stick info - I hated hockey and managed to get out of it consistently from around 12 years old when my feet hit size 8 and there were no size 8 boots in lost property :) My favourite position was 'left out'
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Hawkinsport sold us a 34" hockey stick last year so DD may have a point - she has certainly grown. Will sit tight for now.
11+11+

Post by 11+11+ »

Hi,

Does anyone know, is printing on the PE kit and lab coat acceptable or must it be embroidered?

Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

You can use a permanent marker on the lab coat. If you can't do the PE kit, don't worry, not every girl has embroidered kit. I wouldn't bother using a marker on it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now