Reading Boys Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
diymum2014

Reading Boys Results

Post by diymum2014 »

Read this on the REading Boys website today:

Testing for admission into Year 7 in September 2015 took place on Saturday 13th September 2014. We are aiming to send the results of these tests to candidates week commencing 20th October by 2nd class post, in time for parents to complete the CAFs by 31st October. If you have not received your letter by close of play Thursday 23rd October, please contact the school. The letter will include Frequently Asked Questions which will also be put on the website. Please read these carefully before contacting the school with any queries. The school will not be able to give any further information about test results other than the individual standardised test score received in the letter.

Was hoping it would be earlier! :x
indiemom

Re: Reading Boys Results

Post by indiemom »

@diymum2014

Thanks a lot for posting this as I was following other threads in this forum and like lot of other parents, was under the impression that Reading School will be posting letter mostly on 17th by 1st Class post and we all will be receiving the letter most probably by Saturday or latest by Monday the 20th.

But after your post , I also went to their site

http://www.reading-school.co.uk/26/admi ... guidelines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and found that now they are talking about 2nd class post staring from 20th and should get latest by 23rd. Ok, good to know that, that's a little bit longer wait.

Have not checked Kendrick website though, are they also going to post on 20th ? Usually both the school do the same.
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

Kendrick website says exactly the same! So a slightly longer wait unfortunately, it would have been nice to have had them for the weekend before.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

cocoa0101 wrote:Kendrick website says exactly the same! So a slightly longer wait unfortunately, it would have been nice to have had them for the weekend before.
Agreed.
helping_hand

Post by helping_hand »

Does any one know what would be included in the result.
Will it be a score or a rank or just pass fail information....
Reading2015

Post by Reading2015 »

Not sure what would be included. I saw a result of a friend's son who lives in east London, they included standardised score, rank and total number of children that took the test and a comment to say that if the score is above the pass mark they strongly advise parents to put the GS school as first choice on the CAF form otherwise choose an alternative school.

In case of Reading/Kendrick school, it is going to be quite strange situation this year with lots of children from Slough/out of catchment would be included in the results because of the check box on the application form but most of them have no chance of getting in.

Based on what I have read on this forum I would guess total number of children: 1300+ and number of children with no chance of getting in: 500+. If we get the rank we can prorate it, i.e., we can guesstimate to find the rank out of 800 (=1300-500). These numbers are just a guess and may be way off the mark though.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

I just now called up Reading School to find out what format will the result be, and was kindly told to wait we get the letter :lol:

So we can just keep guessing of the total pass marks and what would be the safe zone for RB this year , same applies to Kedrick as well I believe.

Sometime back when I called the school regarding OOC candidates they said they do not deal with it so they will give out results to everyone who either filled the RB's form or ticked the box for Reading school while filling the online form of Slough consortium. That will be done by the Reading council once they recieve the request for a place in that school and find out the applicant's post code and determine whether they can offer a place or not. Therefore only some very fortunate parents will know for sure (whose DSs will score really high) that their DSs are definitely going to RS, others will unfortunately have to wait till the national allocation day :)

Best of luck to all aspiring candidates.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now