SLOUGH CONSORTIUM 2014 RESULTS - POST HERE !!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Drastic Dad

Re: Slough Consortium Results Available Online

Post by Drastic Dad »

pia wrote:well if 135 is low then ours is even lower - has it ever happened that a child gets the "qualifying mark" but does not get a place in a grammar school?
So far whoever gets 111 gets into Upton Court Grammar School (which is an excellent school by the way). My experience with 2 older children has shown me that hanging around on this forum makes you stressed because some of our fellow forum members have absolutely brilliant children who score very high marks. The reality in the wider world is different and unfortunately most children don't even score 111. With my other 2 boys we had to fill the preference form for our secondary school choices before the 11+ results which made it very tricky because you never knew if your DC would pass the exam or would get enough marks for your first choice scool. Now it is easier. We will wait for the Tiffin result next week and depending on results would put either Langley or Tiffin as our first choice. I am sure DS will do even better in Tiffin exam as we had prepared for that one and there were no nasty surprises there.
Last edited by Drastic Dad on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
usmany

Post by usmany »

We got 113 in Slough consortium. We live 22 miles from Herschel. Do we have chance of getting in ?
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

usmany wrote:We got 113 in Slough consortium. We live 22 miles from Herschel. Do we have chance of getting in ?
I am sure catchement for Langley is 14 miles.

HGS admission policy states:
The ‘area’ for Herschel is defined with a parental or legal guardian
address in the following
districts: Slough; Burnham; Farnham Common; Farnham Royal; Windsor; Iver; Iver Heath;
Datchet; Colnbrook
So there you are!
Reading2015

Post by Reading2015 »

I cannot claim to understand the maths behind it but I guess the way standardised score works is it indicates how much higher or lower your raw score was compared to the average score across the cohort. You should not see the standardised score as a number out of some max score.

Average score is given standardised score of 100 and the difference between your raw score and the average is amplified by a factor and this amplified difference is added to 100 to get your score.

High scores you see this year could be for 2 reasons, there could be some exceptional high scorers this year which seems unlikely or they used a different factor to amplify the difference and spread the scores over a bigger range with 100 still being the middle point.
Last edited by Reading2015 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
abi78997

Post by abi78997 »

what are the total marks in slough consortium I thought it is 141 but people are getting over 150 this is making me confused can anyone tell me what the total marks were in the slough 11+ test this year?
pia

Post by pia »

[DrasticDad]So far whoever gets 111 gets into Upton Court Grammar School (which is an excellent school by the way). My experience with 2 older children has shown me that hanging around on this forum makes you stressed because some of our fellow forum members have absolutely brilliant children who score very high marks. The reality in the wider world is different and unfortunately most children don't even score 111.[/quote]

You are right, the forum can be a little disheartening so thank you for the reassurance. Now we just need to decide on the order of the schools to put on the CAF. I hope your DC secures their place at Tiffin :)
target14

Post by target14 »

What would be cut off going to be Slough consortium schools? This time I can see scores are up to 170.
ElevenPlusWizard

Post by ElevenPlusWizard »

target14 wrote:What would be cut off going to be Slough consortium schools? This time I can see scores are up to 170.
I am interested in Langley and Upton Park
LBG

Post by LBG »

Can anyone rank schools in Slough Consortium? what are the other factors one would take into?
olisun

Post by olisun »

Hi,

My son passed both the Bucks and Slough with a STTS score of over 121 and 121 respectively and his standardised score for Bucks is score removed by moderator
I am still waiting for the letter from Slough but I am a bit confused as to where he stands at the moment.

We think we will not be considered for Bucks because of the distance and are waiting for the scores from Tiffins.

Are the scores any good?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now