Potential Kendrick Cutoff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gsplace

Re: Potential Kendrick Cutoff

Post by gsplace »

Tinkers wrote:I think you have a reasonable shot.

Think, she will be in the edge to cutoff
Curious__George

Post by Curious__George »

gsplace wrote:Our dd got 119.35 for Kendrick, so not sure if it will be enough. Are there any chances to get in Kendrick? :? Fingers crossed
Its a fantastic score. She will be a shoo in for Kendrick!
aim4kendrick

Post by aim4kendrick »

How about a score of 117.96?. Do you think we are in border line or no chance of getting through.
Curious__George

aim4kendrick wrote:How about a score of 117.96?. Do you think we are in border line or no chance of getting through.
Its a great score as well and again a shoo in! Remember last year's cutoff was 114 with a much higher high score (141), and this year I expect the cutoff to be lower than 114. How lower, its a guess but 117.96 is a definite!
Langtreemum

Post by Langtreemum »

Don't you think the cut off might be affected by the much higher numbers (i.e., the Slough effect)
Curious__George

Langtreemum wrote:Don't you think the cut off might be affected by the much higher numbers (i.e., the Slough effect)
Yes, I reckon the slough effect will have a positive effect on the real Kendrick hopefuls, by way of a lower cut off. This is because the normally 700-800 appear for Kendrick & that includes OOC. So this year the 'noise' has gone up substantially & so more top scorers are likely to part of that 'noise' due to the normal distribution, which means lower cutoff.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Of course the 110 is the qualifying score this year, in previous years it has been 109. Since Reading school are using this as well there must be a reason for subtly changing it. (Which they won't tell you :lol: )

lots of things are different this year, new test, possible change to standardisation, changes to catchment rules, sharing results with Slough etc. Who knows

The best advice I think is, if you scored 110 or above and you want Kendrick, put it on the CAF. The higher the mark you have, the more likely you are to get a place.
If you don't put it on you definitely won't get a place :D

I suspect the 'real' number of applicants taking the test will be 600-700 similar to the last couple of years Assuming most sitting in Slough are Ooc, but of course these are included in the standardisation, so who knows.
helping_hand

Post by helping_hand »

Tinkers wrote:Assuming most sitting in Slough are Ooc, but of course these are included in the standardisation, so who knows.
Isnt most parts of Slough in catchment ? looking at the postcodes of the designated areas that what its seems so.
The catchment is extending wide over to Thatcham,Bracknell,Maidenhead,Hook etc..
Its similar for Reading Boys
Can someone explain why we deem Slough as OOC?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I'm not deeming all of Slough as ooc, but most of those sitting in Slough will be. Of course the catchments for Reading and Kendrick are not quite the same, I think that Reading catchment includes more of Slough than Kendrick does. This is why although 558 sat at Kendrick I think the total number sitting for Kendrick will be 600-700 (maybe 800) that are in catchment . This includes those sitting at Slough that may well be in.
Last edited by Tinkers on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

What you might think is Slough may not be Slough, for example SL6 is Maidenhead.