Feedback on today's Slogh Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SatNov

Feedback on today's Slogh Exam

Post by SatNov »

Well! Any feedback on today's exam. Why such a muted forum today?!

Post by Guest »

My son was saying that he found that it was easier than the last week.....fingers crossed for the results.....
10 NOV

SGH 11+ TEST 10 NOV 2007

Post by 10 NOV »

Anonymous wrote:My son was saying that he found that it was easier than the last week.....fingers crossed for the results.....
My son took the morning session exam at Slough grammar and he found it much easier than the langley test.He finished all three tests before time and then revised them.Infact NVR was much less challenging than langley.
Joshi

Slough Exam

Post by Joshi »

My son felt the Slough grammar school exam bit tougher than Langley. He did Maths and Verbal Reasoning very well but said Section 2 in Non-verbal was bit tough.
wraysburymum

slough/langley 11+ exams

Post by wraysburymum »

As an anxious mum who has made her daughter sit through 3 different exams this year, it's funny that we think our children will do better after an "easier" exam! Surely the results are based on what ALL the children did, so an easier exam means that more children will do better and the pass rate will be pushed higher? It's all about being better than the majority, whether the test was easy or difficult (as I'm told the consortium test was this year). Supposedly the pass rate for Berks is 111, but places are only offered to the top qualifying children in the first instance. Who is going to bet that Slough have the same process in operation this year!
chad

Post by chad »

I believe you are correct wraysburymum...... the NFER tests are standardised. If there is a higher number of children achieving a higher score then the bar for the 111 will probably be set higher...if the consortium exam was seen as harder than usual then the marks to achieve the '111' will be lower. Both exams for the Consortium and Slough Grammar are set by NFER but were different papers......the children are measured against the cohort taking the exam.
Not being absolutely sure of the 'workings' of the Slough system (oh the secrecy of it all) :D I am willing to be corrected.
10 NOV

Post by 10 NOV »

I believe that the passing marks of 111 are not enough for Slough grammar and that admissions merit will be much higher becuase more children sat the exam for this school this year.
Waddle

Post by Waddle »

Remember, though, there are still more or less the same number of 11 year olds as there has always been chasing grammar school places in Slough, and there are still the same number of places available. Many will be doing both tests as an 'insurance policy'.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now